Become a Tutor
Working with other students in a helping role will provide you with some of the most valuable experience you could ever get during your college years.
Tutors will be selected and added by our staff to a section of USC 210, Introduction to College Tutoring.
Spring 2015 recruitment has ended. Summer and Fall recruitment will being in March 2015.
Top 5 reasons to become a tutor
- Solidify subject knowledge for future courses and GRE preparation
- Develop communication skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Earn money
- Prepare for future team employment
- Be an enrolled undergraduate with at least a 3.25 GPA overall
- Attend an information session about becoming a UTC tutor
- Have received a A or better in one of the courses listed below.
- Enroll in USC 210, Introduction to College Tutoring, a 1-credit hour course, the first semester you tutor for the UTC. This course is available during the 10-week summer session and during the fall and spring semesters.
- Tutor at least 2 students per week (about 4 hours/week.)
- Be able to tutor 2 subsequent semesters
- The pay for tutoring while taking the class is $8.50/hour. Future pay increases are determined by the number of hours of tutoring experience and training.
- After successful completion of USC 210, students are eligible to become SI leaders, Sign-up tutors, and group tutors. Students who want to tutor for the Writing and Speaking Tutorial Services should complete a WSTS application.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CH 100, 101, 111, 201, 221, 220, 223
- MA 107, 108, 111, 121, 131, 141, 231, 241, 242
- PY 205, 208, 211, 212
- Students who wish to be writing and speaking tutors will find information on WSTS's employment page.