Become a Consultant!
Becoming a Writing and Speaking Consultant provides you with valuable experience in your undergraduate or graduate career. As a consultant you have the opportunity to strengthen your own writing and communication skills while helping fellow students.
WSTS and GWC are now recruiting new consultants for Fall 2015. Please submit application packets by email to Dr. Brandy Grabow (firstname.lastname@example.org), or in person to the University Tutorial Center at 101 Park Shops. Materials submitted by April 3rd will receive priority consideration.
All applicants must:
- Submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and instructor letter of recommendation. (Materials may be submitted by email to email@example.com) Instructor recommendations should address the applicant's ability to work with others as well as communication skills.
- Be available to work at least 4 hours a week.
- Be available for staff meetings.
- Be able to tutor 2 subsequent semesters.
- Contribute to the development of WSTS/GWC resources.
- Have completed English 101.
- Have a 3.25 gpa at the time of hiring, and maintain at least a 3.0 gpa during employment.
- Enroll in USC 210, Introduction to College Tutoring, a 1-credit hour course, the first semester you work for WSTS. (If you are hired, WSTS staff will take care of enrollment for you.)
If you have questions please contact Dr. Brandy L. Grabow, or by phone at 919-515-5619.